Delaware definitely likes to be first. It was the first state to ratify the Constitution, and it’s often the first choice for many business entity formations. Below are 5 possibly lesser-known facts about this “Small Wonder”:
- Delaware is home to more businesses than people.
- The Delaware Court of Chancery was established almost 230 years ago and has written most of the U.S. corporation case law.
- Approximately 340 of the Fortune 500 claim Delaware as their legal home.
- Delaware registers more businesses annually than any other state with nearly 250,000 new businesses registered in 2020.
- Our Delaware office is staffed from 8am – 7pm Eastern with industry veterans well-versed in the intricacies of any form of filing and not just in Delaware.
Capitol Services likes to be first, too. We’d love to be your go-to service provider when you need assistance with your Delaware registration and beyond!
These and other interesting facts about Delaware can be found at www.corp.delaware.gov.